FAQ Questions regarding uploading a release

2.9 Do I have to be registered with a collecting society (SUISA, GEMA)?

No. All you have to do is own the copyrights to the songs. This means that you have created the works yourself without using lyrics, melodies or samples of other people’s works, unless you own the licenses for commercial use. As a member of a collecting society, you must independently register all your works with your collecting society.